August Internet Personal Data Privacy Principles
- August Internet obtains personal data only for specific lawful purposes and by consent of the individual.
- August Internet stores personal data with appropriate protections for its integrity and confidentiality.
- August Internet stores personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- August Internet will use reasonable efforts to process requests from individuals for correction or deletion of their personal data where feasible.
- August Internet will direct any agents or contractors acting on its behalf to adhere to these (or equivalent) personal data privacy principles.
Information We Collect and Receive
August Internet collects several types of information through the use of our Websites, Services, and related interactions with individuals:
- “Organizational Data” is information supplied to August Internet that pertains to the organizations that are authorized to use our Services. The primary data elements that August Internet collects in the normal course of its activities are routine business contact information – organization name, street address, and organizational contact information (i.e. department name or other point of contact in the organization, including business email address and telephone number.) Organizations should only provide Personal Data (of their staff, customers, or others) to August Internet with the consent of the affected individuals, as organizations supplying such information to August Internet are responsible for its ongoing accurate maintenance. Organizations may also provide August Internet additional information that is considered Organizational Data (e.g. corporate registration information, business tax identification numbers, business financial information, technical plans) in the process of completing the organization’s registration to use August Internet Services, when making requests to use additional Services, or when interacting with August Internet regarding use of the Services.
How We Use and Share Your Data
Our primary uses of the collected information are to provide the requested Services, to administer our business, to protect the integrity of our business practices, and to secure our systems from unauthorized or abusive access. Additionally, we may use the collected information to provide and/or improve our Services or our customer support activities, and to better understand and encourage appropriate usage of our Services.
The above uses generally do not require us to share Personal Data or Organizational Data with third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- For legal purposes: If we receive a request for information, subpoena, or court order, we may disclose Personal Data or Organizational Data if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law or regulation, and/or if we have a good faith basis to believe that you or your organization have violated any of our service policies or usage guidelines, or any other agreements or contracts between you or your organization and August Internet, and such disclosure is required to enforce obligations, rights or laws.
- In the event of a corporate transaction: In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose Personal Data or Organizational Data to the party or parties of such transaction.
We maintain reasonable security measures to protect the data transmitted to us via the Internet and to prevent unauthorized access to, alteration or deletion of all collected data. Despite these measures, the security of any Personal Data and/or Organizational Data provided to August Internet cannot be guaranteed.
August Internet retains Personal Data and Organizational Data for the time needed for August Internet to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, follow common business information retention practices, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Website Usage Tracking
Some web browsers provide a “Do Not Track” feature (“DNT”) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. We have no software or configurations that react to the web browser “Do-Not-Track” signal headers.
Children’s Privacy Rights
Our Services are not designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of sixteen. If you are aware of an individual under sixteen years of age that has provided August Internet with Personal Data without prior parental consent, please notify us immediately.
Compliance and Questions